mission of Word’s Worth Writing Center is to serve as a residence and resource for writers of all ages. Our goal is
to build, encourage, and advance writers in their efforts in crafting the written word for the page. We provide the following
services in helping to fulfill this mission:
classes in various genres/styles of writing.
workshops to provide feedback in a supportive writing community.
- One-time workshops teaching the finer points of writing and craft.
- Classes for students to help them succeed in their educational
in sessions for writers to spend time writing and connecting with other writers.
- One-on-one sessions for specific feedback, direction, and instruction.
sessions designed for student’s individual writing needs.
- Regular practice and feedback to meet a writing goal.
- Instruction and direction in writing for standardized tests.
- Encouragement and feedback in writing
for a specific audience/purpose.
classes for small groups designed to a specific writing need.
- One-on-one feedback for manuscripts, communications, projects, or educational-related writing
- Editorial services, including
feedback on grammar/spelling, consistency, and style.
- Manuscript review according to Modern Language Association style (MLA),
American Psychological Association
style (APA), Chicago Manual of Style, and Turabian style.
- Publication advice, including production scheduling, market research, and manuscript organization